News & Media
- Vanderbilt University, BA, 1974, magna cum laude
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1977, cum laude
617.973.6224 fax 617.722.4917 firstname.lastname@example.org V-card
Ira’s practice concentrates on mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters, limited liability companies and partnerships, commercial contract drafting for transactions and matters both within and without the United States, tax law, estate planning and general business law, with an emphasis on tax, estate, and transition planning for owners of closely held businesses.
A significant part of Ira’s practice consists of advising and representing individuals, companies, and businesses involved in the dental industry, locally, nationally, and internationally. In this regard, Ira has represented individual dental professionals, manufacturers and distributors of dental instruments and other dental products, dental laboratories, marketing and branding companies with a concentration in the dental industry, companies providing continuing education to dental professionals, and publishers of on-line and hard copy content for the dental industry.
Ira handles matters involving both federal and state taxation for individuals, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other entities in both for-profit and not-for-profit contexts. He advises clients on tax planning for real estate transactions and specific business transactions, such as sales, acquisitions, and mergers. He also counsels clients on estate and gift tax issues regarding the transition of a closely held family business from one generation to the next, as well as other estate planning issues.
- Represented a closely held distributor of dental products in connection with its sale for $70+ million to a publicly traded company.
- Represented a closely held continuing dental education company in its sale to a venture capital company.
- Represented a manufacturer of precision abrasives in its sale to an international company.
- Represented a civil, environmental, and transportation engineering company in its acquisition of other engineering companies.