- SERVICE AREAS
- Business Counseling
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of Institutional Investors
- Health Technologies
- Boston College, BA, 1985, summa cum laude
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 1988
617.973.6113 fax 617.722.4901 email@example.com V-card
Mike is the co-chair of the firm’s Corporate Department, and leads its Securities Practice Group. His diverse practice includes private equity funds, mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, public company disclosure and compliance, executive compensation, stock plan design and administration, contracting and licensing, and representation of early stage companies.
- Advised numerous technology entrepreneurs in the formation, financing and operation of their early stage businesses.
- Represented Park Street Capital in a series of “funds of funds” to invest over $2 billion in venture capital, buyout, natural resource and other private equity funds.
- Advised BrandMuscle, Inc., a SaaS marketing solutions company, throughout its life-cycle: from founding through venture financing to private equity buyout.
- Assisted Revenue Solutions, Inc., an IT consulting firm, in submitting winning RFP bids and negotiating over $500 million of state and local government contracts nationwide.
- Represented The Holmes Group, a consumer appliance manufacturer, in the acquisition of The Rival Company by tender offer, including over $400 million of high-yield bonds.
- Represented the founder of Bertucci's restaurants in a proposed going-private merger and the eventual sale of the company to a hostile bidder.
- Advises the firm’s public company clients in all aspects of securities law compliance, including their dealings with investors, analysts, regulators, insiders and the media.
National Association of Stock Plan Professionals, Charter Member
American Bar Association
Boston Bar Association
Mike writes and speaks frequently on securities law compliance, executive compensation and venture capital financing. Venues have included:
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals Annual Conferences
- E*Trade Annual User Conferences
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- CLE International Venture Capital Forum
- Boston Bar Association
- The SEC Institute
Mike served on the drafting committee for the ABA Federal Regulation of Securities Committee’s comment letter to the SEC on the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act.
Mike was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2004 and every year from 2006 - 2013.
News & Media
- Michael L. Andresino to Speak at 2013 NASPP Annual Conference
- SEC Lifts Ban On General Solicitation for Some Private Placements; Proposes Additional Safeguards
- What's The Boston Globe Worth?
- Advertising Your Private Placement
- Wall Street Reform and Executive Compensation: A Briefing on the Dodd-Frank Act
- Michael L. Andresino to Speak at NASPP Annual Conference
- Proposed Legislation: Hedge Fund Transparency Act of 2009
- SEC Introduces Electronic Filing of Form D
- Insider Trading: A New Epidemic?
- The SEC's New Executive Compensation Disclosure Rules