- SERVICE AREAS
- Business Counseling
- Business Planning & Formation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Banking & Commercial Finance
- Harvard University, AB, 1969, cum laude
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1972, cum laude
617.973.6147 fax 617.367.2315 firstname.lastname@example.org V-card
Don is a founding member of the firm and was the firm’s Managing Partner from 1991-2000 and continues to serve on the firm’s Executive Committee. He has practiced as a corporate lawyer for over 40 years. He has developed a sophisticated business practice, drawing on his experiences in managing the firm and as a practicing attorney, with a broad understanding of the business and legal issues common to growing businesses.
Don acts as general counsel and advisor to corporate clients in a wide range of industries, including software, internet, consumer products, technology, telecommunications, retailing, and other industries, including both closely held private businesses, venture capital-backed companies and publicly traded entities. Don is a regular advisor to his clients on fiduciary duties with a focus on responsibilities of Board of Directors.
- Infoscitex Corporation in its recent merger with DCS Corporation.
- Schafer Corporation in its recent acquisition by MetalMark Capital and certain members of management, including the structuring and negotiation of the terms for the Seller Senior Notes and the Buyer subordinated debt financing.
- Isolation Technologies, Inc., a Massachusetts based manufacturer of advanced chromatography columns and hardware for the high-performance liquid chromatography market, in its sale of assets to Sapphire Engineering, Inc., a subsidiary of Idex Corporation.
- Triumvirate Environmental, Inc. in its acquisition of assets of Perma-Fix of Maryland (waste disposal sites) and the stock and assets of the operating subsidiaries of GS Enviro-Services, Inc., an OTCBB company, involving a RCRA regulated TSD facility and an affiliated waste removal services business.
- Lily Transportation Corp. in the sale of its Truck Leasing Division to Ryder Truck Rental, Inc.
- National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative in various acquisitions and investments in telecommunications companies, involving both minority and control positions.
- The Holmes Group, Inc. and its principal shareholders in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of Holmes' merger into a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation. This transaction is valued at approximately $625M in cash and Jarden stock.
- The Holmes Group in its acquisition of the stock of the Rival Company, a NASDAQ listed company.
- National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative in its participation with other investors in a $156 million strategic equity financing and a $200 million term loan financing and follow on debt and equity financings in WildBlue Communications, Inc.
- Shawmut Design and Construction in the acquisition of its common stock to its ESOP and related financing transactions with Lasalle Bank, N.A.
- Diversified Optical Products, Inc, (DiOP) in its $60M stock sale to Axsys Technologies. Our client, DiOP, is a leading supplier of high-end thermal surveillance cameras and lenses servicing the U.S. Border patrol, Air Force, CoastGuard and various Port Authorities.
- iParty Corp. (AMEX; IPT) in its acquisition in a Chapter 11 proceeding of the assets and leases of The Big Party Corporation and in ongoing corporate representation.
- Intraserver Technologies in its $70 million stock merger with LSI Logic, Inc.
- Commonwealth Venture Funding Group in various acquisitions, including Antaya Technologies, Inc., a cross-border acquisition of substantially all assets of Tectran Inc. and Tectran Mfg. Inc. and Carroll Engineering Co., together with related debt and equity offerings.
- Profile Systems, Inc. in a stock merger with Comergent Technologies, Inc.
- Lily Transportation Corporation and UNICCO Service Company in numerous debt financing transactions and asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Charles River Ventures, Catamount Ventures and other institutional investors in connection with venture capital financings.
Panelist, "Roundtable: Inbound US M&A", Financier Worldwide Magazine, 2008
Presenter, "Representations, Warranties, Indemnification and Termination Clauses", MCLE Seminar, 2008
Author of chapter "Conversion: Anti-Dilution Provisions", Venture Capital Forms and Analysis, Law Journal Press, 2007
Speaker, "Video Leadership Seminars™: Negotiating Acquisition Terms for Selling a VC-Backed Company", ReedLogic, July 2006
Author of chapter on United States laws and practices in "Winning Legal Strategies -International Mergers & Acquisitions Law," Aspatore Books, 2005
Don was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2004 - 2012.
Member of the Board of the Overseers, Newton-Wellesley Hospital.