News & Media
- Tufts University, BA, 1977, cum laude
- Boston College Law School, JD, 1980
- Boston University School of Law, LLM, 1984
617.973.6141 fax 617.722.4928 firstname.lastname@example.org V-card
Chris is a Partner in the firm’s Business, Real Estate and Litigation Departments, contributing over 30 years of direct experience representing clients in real estate, business, and lending matters as lead transaction counsel, and as lead litigation counsel in those substantive areas.
Direct representation has included developers, contractors, investors, entrepreneurs, and major corporations and business enterprises of all kinds, including non-profits. He has direct extensive experience with a varied and deep range of real estate and business organization issues and transactions, including commercial acquisitions and dispositions; financings; commercial leases; deal, organization, and tax structuring; construction contracts; zoning and environmental issues; and project permitting at all municipal and state levels.
Chris has been the lead negotiator in many major, highly visible, and successful real estate, business, and financing transactions, exceeding over an aggregate billion dollars each in both asset and financing transactions.
He has successfully litigated and tried business and real estate issues in federal, state and local courts in Massachusetts, including the Supreme Judicial Court, Appeals Court, Superior Court, Land Court, and Housing Court.
Added to scores of various real estate transactions ranging from $10,000,000 - $200,000,000 in magnitude, including real estate development projects; financings and refinancings; debt and equity restructurings; major office tenant (up to 500,000 + sf per) leases; big box retail leases; and acquisitions, financings and dispositions of all kinds of real estate and business interests; are the following recent transactions:
- Developer’s counsel for The Abbey Group in all aspects of the acquisition, organizational structuring, construction and development, office and retail leasing, and operations of The Landmark Center in the Fenway section of Boston, MA, culminating in its $ 530,000,000 disposition in 2011.
- Developer’s counsel in the $ 120,000,000 construction loan and permanent financing for a 300 + unit residential apartment complex in Boston, MA.
- Developer’s counsel in all aspects of the acquisition, organizational structuring, construction and development, and creation and operation of the mixed use condominium regime for the 45 Province Condominium in downtown Boston, MA.
- General Counsel in the successful equity and debt restructuring and workout of the Golf Club at Turner Hill, Ipswich, MA, and all its organization, structural, licensing, permitting, financing, permitting and operational matters.
- Litigation Counsel to an abutting developer in its Land Court challenge over the permitting of a major corporate site in Boston, MA.
- Litigation Counsel in complex easement/rights of way disputes, relative to the development and financing of a major residential and commercial real estate project in Boston, MA.
- Special Litigation Counsel to Regis College in the Land Court, Appeals Court and Supreme Judicial Court, on its challenge to the Town of Weston’s opposition to its rights to develop and permit its property under the “Dover Amendment”.
- Legal co-counsel to the executive management and ownership interests of The Boston Celtics, in the equity structuring and acquisition of the franchise, and lead counsel as to its lease negotiations with TD Garden.
Massachusetts Bar Association
National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association
Chris is admitted to the practice of law in Massachusetts and the Federal District Court for Massachusetts.
Chris has been conferred an “AV-Preeminent” designation (peer rated at the “highest level of professional excellence”) by Martindale Hubbell’s national ranking service.