- SERVICE AREAS
- Business Counseling
- International Trade
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Health Technologies
- Duke University, AB, 1982, High Honors
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, JD, 1987
617.973.6115 fax 617.722.4993 firstname.lastname@example.org V-card
David is a member of the firm’s corporate department. He practices in the areas of domestic and international business law, corporate and project finance and private equity. David works very closely as a “general counsel” with clients, and assists them with all phases of business planning, structuring, development and management.
A former resident of the United Kingdom, David has represented both U.S. and foreign clients in transactions all over the world, with particular focus in European and Asian markets.
- Established many equity joint ventures and contractual joint ventures for American and European companies in the People’s Republic of China since 1988.
- Represented foreign buyers in multiple corporate acquisitions in the U.S.
- Counsel to a Top 5 American financial institution as collateral agent and purchase contract agent in connection with public issuance of prepaid forward common stock purchase contracts valued in excess of $115MM at time of issue.
- Assists clients with formation of hedge funds, including international arbitrage hedge fund with subscriptions accepted through direct investment and through Mauritius affiliates.
- Recovery on behalf of American and European investors of more than $26MM of funds stolen through overseas investment schemes.
- Represented a Swiss public company and its American leasing subsidiary in issuance and direct sale of multiple tranches of $100MM senior guaranteed notes, and in early redemption of the notes.
- Sales and distribution arrangements for a Taiwanese import and sales company in connection with Canadian product manufacturers, and for Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturer with contracts in Japan.
- Counsel to estate of deceased Reggae superstar and global social activist.
- Counsel to exporter of Italian wines to People’s Republic of China.
- Bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, trustee’s counsel and borrower’s counsel on billions of dollars of U.S and Eurodollar notes and bonds.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Mackrell International, Delegate and Membership Committee, Past Chair
David presently sits on the boards of non-profit organizations in Massachusetts and in Rhode Island, and has also taught as an adjunct professor at Providence College, where he has lectured in the areas of Leadership Studies, Business Law, Public Policy Studies and the Humanities.
In addition to having published numerous articles on derivatives and related banking products, and on other business topics, David has also authored a legal column in Providence Monthly Magazine.
In 2013, David was the Keynote speaker at the Asian Business Forum at Suffolk’s Sawyer Business School.
News & Media
- ‘Bad vibes’ spoil Kirchners’ decade in Argentina
- The Reverse China Scam. Coming Soon To Your Hometown
- 14 Golden Rules for Doing Business in Asia
- Mass. Companies Get Strategic on Foreign Soil
- Five Questions With: David Woronov
- Apple Pushing To Ban Some Samsung Products In U.S.
- VC Deals in NY Beating Out MA
- More IP Woes in the Chinese Domestic Market - “How Do You Like Them Apples – Part II”
- More on Protecting Intellectual Property in China. How Do You Like Them Apples?
- Ten Additional Useful Things For Businesses to Know About China
- Ten Useful Things for Small Businesses to Know About China