- SERVICE AREAS
- Business Counseling
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Clean Technology
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 1990, Virginia Journal of International Law, Notes Editor
- Connecticut College, BA, 1985, magna cum laude
617.973.6298 fax 617.722.4968 email@example.com V-card
David is the firm’s Managing Partner and co-chairs the Corporate Department. His diverse practice includes representing public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, loan transactions, and licensing and strategic alliances, as well as representing early stage companies. David acts as counsel and advisor to corporate clients in a wide range of industries including software, technology, medical devices and consumer products and services.
Prior to joining the firm, David was a partner at Hutchins, Wheeler & Dittmar and Nixon Peabody LLP. David has also practiced at major New York and Connecticut law firms. He is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York.
- Advised numerous entrepreneurs in the formation, financing and operation of their early stage businesses.
- Represented a number of software and technology companies in the sale of their businesses to publicly-traded purchasers.
- Represented various publicly traded companies in “going private” transactions.
- Represented major New England based private equity and venture capital firms in the financing and/or acquisitions of portfolio companies.
- Represented a nationally known janitorial and landscaping company in over a dozen acquisitions.
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
American Bar Association
David is a frequent speaker on such topics as venture capital financings and mergers and acquisitions.
David was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012.
North Suburban Jewish Community Center, Executive Vice President.
David is a founding member of the Emerging Business Collaborative, a not-for-profit organization established to assist businesses that are in transition and are in need of an unbiased review of their direction.
News & Media
- How to Impress a Venture Capitalist
- Rocks, Paper, CEO: Finding The Best Leader For Your Startup
- Lessons from Facebook's IPO, and other exit advice for 2013
- David Barbash on the Key Factors for a Successful Start-Up
- Drafting Confidentiality Agreements in Business Contracts
- Massachusetts Secretary of State probes Facebook
- Investors Suing Facebook
- Five Questions With: David M. Barbash
- How to avoid making an adversary out of your VC
- Start-ups in Boston
- National Dentex Enters Into Merger Agreement With GeoDigm
- Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence
- Keys to Assembling a Winning Strategy
- Acquisitions of Private Equity-Backed Companies