- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, 1990, Virginia Journal of International Law, Notes Editor
- Connecticut College, BA, 1985, magna cum laude
David M. BarbashPartner
David is the firm’s Immediate-Past Managing Partner. His diverse practice includes representing public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, loan transactions, and licensing and strategic alliances, as well as representing early stage companies. David acts as counsel and advisor to corporate clients in a wide range of industries including software, technology, medical devices and consumer products and services.
Prior to joining the firm, David was a partner at Hutchins, Wheeler & Dittmar and Nixon Peabody LLP. David has also practiced at major New York and Connecticut law firms. He is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York.
- Advised numerous entrepreneurs in the formation, financing and operation of their early stage businesses.
- Represented a number of software and technology companies in the sale of their businesses to publicly-traded purchasers.
- Represented various publicly traded companies in “going private” transactions.
- Represented major New England based private equity and venture capital firms in the financing and/or acquisitions of portfolio companies.
- Represented a nationally known janitorial and landscaping company in over a dozen acquisitions.
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
American Bar Association
David is a frequent speaker on such topics as venture capital financings and mergers and acquisitions.
David was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer in 2008, 2009, 2010 and every year from 2012-2017.
North Suburban Jewish Community Center, Past President, Glen Yanco Presidential Award Recipient.
David is a founding member of the Emerging Business Collaborative, a not-for-profit organization established to assist businesses that are in transition and are in need of an unbiased review of their direction.
News & Media
- John Hancock Parent Said to Consider IPO for Boston Company
- Just Because You’re The Founder Doesn’t Mean You Should Be The CEO — And 3 Other Tips Every Business Owner Should Read
- DraftKings May Be Seeking More Cash
- EMC Sale Will Hurt, But Impact Not Insurmountable
- SEC Releases New Pay For Performance Proposal
- It’s A Busy Time For M&A Among Local, Privately Held Firms
- Twitter's IPO
- In Person: The Dealmaker
- How To Turn Your Loved Ones Into Your Business Backers
- SEC Lifts Ban On General Solicitation for Some Private Placements; Proposes Additional Safeguards
- How to Impress a Venture Capitalist
- SEC Provides Registration Relief For M&A Advisors
- Rocks, Paper, CEO: Finding The Best Leader For Your Startup
- Lessons from Facebook's IPO, and other exit advice for 2013
- David Barbash on the Key Factors for a Successful Start-Up
- Drafting Confidentiality Agreements in Business Contracts
- Massachusetts Secretary of State probes Facebook
- Investors Suing Facebook
- Five Questions With: David M. Barbash
- How to avoid making an adversary out of your VC
- Start-ups in Boston
- National Dentex Enters Into Merger Agreement With GeoDigm
- Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence
- Keys to Assembling a Winning Strategy
- Acquisitions of Private Equity-Backed Companies