- Business Litigation
- General Liability Defense
- Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions
- Real Estate Litigation
- Northeastern University School of Law, JD, 1983
- Southern Connecticut State College, MS, 1975
- Yale University, BA, 1970
Steven S. BroadleyPartner
Steven is a member of the firm’s Litigation Department. He practices in the area of commercial litigation, representing businesses and individuals in contractual disputes, tax abatement issues, landlord-tenant disputes, and other business litigation matters. His practice also includes defense of general liability cases, defense of debt collectors, representation of home inspectors in licensure actions, and defense of attorneys and other professionals who are the subject of professional liability claims.
- Successfully defended attorneys and other professionals against claims that they failed to carry out their duties.
- Recovered deposits from failed real estate transactions for clients facing claims that the deposits should be forfeited.
- Advises clients regularly on the choices between litigation and other ways to resolve business and personal disputes, and on negotiating transactions to minimize future disputes.
- Works with numerous clients on securing or recovering receivables, particularly during declining economic conditions.
- Successfully defended fraud claims between family members and business associates.
- Litigates landlord-tenant and general land use disputes.
- Defends debt collectors against accusations of federal statutory violations, and in regulatory matters.
Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (ACA) International, State Compliance Chair for Massachusetts, 2011-2015
Boston Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
Melrose Zoning Board of Appeals, Past Chairman
Boston Municipal Court, pro bono
Melrose Conservation Commission, Past Member