Villanova University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, order of the coif, 2014
Villanova University School of Business, MBA, 2014
Boston College, BA, 2009
Clayton is an Associate in the firm’s Corporate and Health Care Departments. Clayton counsels clients on a wide variety of corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate affiliations, joint ventures, strategic transactions, and corporate governance. He also advises hospitals, nursing facilities, and other health care providers on a broad range of regulatory issues, including Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement, tax-exempt organization matters, fraud and abuse law compliance, and licensure.
Clayton is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
- Represented national health system in its acquisition of two hospitals.
- Represented several anesthesia services practices in the sale of the equity of the practices to various private equity buyers.
- Represented provider of long-term care and aging services in its purchase of a skilled nursing facility.
- Represented tax-exempt health care and related organizations in connection with obtaining tax-exempt status recognition from the IRS.
- Assisted and counseled several startup entities on formation and governance issues.
Author, “Drilling for Split Estate Clarity: The Impact of Minard Run Oil Company v. United States Forest Service,” 24 Vill. Envtl. L.J. 287 (2013)