- Business Litigation
- Insurance Coverage & Bad Faith
- Professional Liability and Errors and Omissions
- Harvard Law School, JD, 1961
- Bowdoin College, BA, 1957
Erik LundSenior Counsel
Erik is Senior Counsel to the firm’s Litigation Department, which constitutes roughly half the firm. Erik’s extensive litigation practice spans 40 years. He has been responsible for a wide range of general business and commercial disputes, including cases involving contractual disputes and non-competition covenants, product liability, real estate and environmental matters, intellectual property, employment matters and anti-trust litigation. He has also concentrated in the representation of professionals, including officers and directors, attorneys and accountants.
Erik represents clients in both state and federal courts, before a variety of state and federal agencies, and in numerous alternate dispute resolution forums. He has tried over 100 jury trials to conclusion and has argued dozens of reported appellate decisions.
- The defense of officers and shareholders of a corporation which sold its assets for $26 million against the buyer’s claim of misrepresentation, breach of warranties and rescission.
- The defense of a variety of attorney malpractice actions whose outcome, at both trial and appellate levels, have defined the law of Massachusetts in this area.
- Insurance claims arising from the construction of the John Hancock Tower.
- A class action by the retail tenants against the owner/developer of Quincy Market.
- Defense of bad faith insurance practices claims of $50 million arising from the design and construction of a $1 billion nuclear power plant.
- Representation of individual trustees in cases alleging breach of fiduciary obligations toward beneficiaries, including claims of excess fees.
- Representation of municipal water district against polluter.
- Antitrust litigation involving life insurance industry.
American Bar Association
Massachusetts Bar Association
Boston Bar Association, Senior Lawyers Section, Chair
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers, Member, 2009-2013
WalkBoston, Board Member and Counsel, 2005 – Present
Mayor Menino’s Greenway Completion Task Force, Member, 2005-2010
Fulton Court Condominiums, Trustee, 2000 - Present