News & Media
- Business Counseling
- Business Planning & Formation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
Northeastern University School of Law, JD, 1998
Northeastern University, BS, magna cum laude, with a double major in biology and mathematics, 1995
Jeannette Carneiro McLaughlinPartner
Jeannette is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department. She has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, private placements, venture capital financings and advising clients on general corporate matters. Her work with companies spans the entire corporate life cycle, including strategic decisions prior to formation, venture capital financings, employment matters, commercial contracts, and mergers and acquisitions.
Jeannette has served in the role of outside general counsel to numerous companies, managing their day-to-day global legal needs and handling a broad range of business-related matters, including strategic advice on corporate planning, corporate governance, negotiation and drafting of a wide range of commercial contracts, technology and intellectual property protection, sales support and anti-corruption matters, equity and debt financings, joint ventures, licensing agreements and employment agreements. She represents companies in a broad range of industries, including software, digital media and entertainment, mobile, consumer internet, clean tech, medical device, and healthcare services.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeannette practiced at Feinberg Hanson LLP and Choate, Hall & Stewart, LLP in Boston where she counseled domestic and international companies on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, strategy and other day-to-day business matters. Prior to that she practiced at Brobeck Hale and Dorr in London, England, where she specialized in international business law with a focus on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, public and private placements, international placements of securities, initial public offerings and venture capital financings.
- Represented a company with an innovative athleisure brand from shortly after its initial formation as a Massachusetts limited liability company, through its conversion into a Delaware corporation, on various management changes including the negotiation with and buy back of shares from an initial founder, and the onboarding of a highly successful serial entrepreneur and Harvard Business School professor to be the chief executive officer, and several rounds of convertible note and equity financing.
- Represented a company implementing significant water infrastructure and purification projects globally, including in connection with the negotiation of acquisitions and financings of multiple entities and the organization of substantial activities in Latin America.
- Represented a lithium ion battery manufacturer, from inception through over $300M in equity financing and the development of manufacturing facilities throughout Asia.
- Represented a seasoned executive and entrepreneur, in entrepreneurial activities and several acquisitions including the acquisitions of two telecommunications companies in Ireland and a satellite technology company in The Netherlands, as well as in multiple investments in early stage data analytics companies and in forming a global web media company.
- Advised numerous entrepreneurs in the formation, financing and operation of their early stage businesses.
- Represented numerous companies in acquisition and sale transactions.
- Represented several venture capital firms in financing of portfolio companies.
- Represented several private equity firms in their acquisitions of portfolio companies.
- Represented numerous founders and serial entrepreneurs with respect to equity arrangements, employment matters and matters relating to the sale of their companies.
Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Corporate Law Committee in the Business Transactions Section
Admitted to practice in Massachusetts and New York