University of Denver, JD, 1998
University of New Mexico, BA in Architecture, 1991
Daniel L. MongerPartner
Dan is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department. His national practice is focused on all areas of real estate with a particular focus on the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of commercial property.
Dan has worked with a wide variety of clients including investment funds and REITs, commercial developers, Fortune 500 corporations, national retailers, banks and closely-held businesses. He also has specialized expertise in the construction, finance and permitting of commercial and residential projects.
Prior to joining Posternak, Dan was a partner at Hinckley Allen in Boston. Dan has been practicing law for more than 20 years.
- Representation of an Industrial REIT in connection with over 25 national acquisitions ranging from $5,000,000 to $25,000,000 per property.
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with a $65,000,000 acquisition of a multi-building suburban office park.
- Representation of an office REIT in connection with a $72,000,000 acquisition of an urban multi-building office property.
- Representation of sellers in over $700,000,000 of sale-leaseback transactions.
- Acquisition and sale of many office, industrial, retail and mixed use buildings.
- Representation of a Fortune 20 national retail chain with the acquisition and development of over 100 new stores nationwide.
- Representation of landlords and tenants nationally in connection with the negotiation of tens of millions of square feet of office, retail and industrial leases.
- Representation of commercial developers in connection with the permitting and development of new office, industrial, retail, residential and mixed use projects.
- Negotiation of construction and design contracts.
- Representation of a national convenience/gas store chain in the acquisition and development of over 30 new store locations.
American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
Boston Bar Association
Boston Chamber of Commerce
International Council of Shopping Centers
NAIOP, MA Chapter Executive Committee, 2006-2011; Former Chair of Programs, Education and Special Events Committees
Presenter, “Commercial Leases – Leasing in Today’s Market (Critical Issues for Brokers)”, Commercial Brokers Association of GBREB (Greater Boston Real Estate Board, November 2008
Presenter, “The Devil in in the Details – A Primer on Performing Due Diligence in 2009”, NAIOP Massachusetts, November 2008
Dan was named a Massachusetts Rising Star in 2007.
Scituate Skatepark Development Committee, Chairman
Town of Scituate, Vice Chairman of Planning Board, 2010-2013; Bylaw Review Commission, 2009-2010
Wish Upon a Crayon Charity, Advisor