- Suffolk University Law School, JD, cum laude
- Mount Holyoke College, BA, cum laude
Rebecca J. MutchPartner
Rebecca is a partner in the firm’s Trusts & Estates Department, concentrating her practice on all aspects of estate and gift planning, probate, trust and estate administration, and business law. Rebecca regularly advises high net worth individuals, families, business owners, and professional sports and entertainment industry clients.
Rebecca's experience includes the evaluation and preparation of sophisticated estate plans and business succession plans. She is also well-versed in the preparation of estate, gift, and fiduciary income tax returns, and regularly advises clients on strategies for estate planning, lifetime gifts, asset preservation, irrevocable life insurance trusts, and charitable giving techniques.
Prior to joining the firm, Rebecca practiced at mid-size law firms in Boston and Springfield, Massachusetts, and worked for the American Arbitration Association in its Boston office, where she administered large complex business and employment disputes.
Rebecca is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Boston Bar Association
Boston Estate Planning Council
- 2008-2018: Named a Massachusetts "Rising Star" by "Massachusetts Super Lawyers" in the areas of Estate Planning & Probate
- Panelist, “Disclaimers in Estate Planning – A Practical Guide,” MCLE, October 1, 2013
- Panelist, “Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Money And The Law (But Were Afraid To Ask),” Mount Holyoke College Club of Boston, January 26, 2011
- Presenter, “The Marriage of Estate Planning and Divorce,” Essex County Estate Planning Council, September 15, 2010
- Presenter, “Basics of Drafting Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts,” Boston Bar Association Trusts & Estates Seminar, May 11, 2010
Rebecca is a member of the Dana Farber Leadership Council and the Professional Advisors Network to The Boston Foundation.