News & Media
- Vermont Law School, JD, 1997
- Middlebury College, BA, 1991
Sam is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department. He specializes in complex business transactions, including in particular, real property financings, acquisitions and leasing. His clients include international and domestic banks, public and private companies, institutions and individuals.
Sam has extensive experience representing equity investors and lenders in office, hospitality, retail and multifamily projects of all sizes. Though primarily focused on commercial real estate matters, Sam’s practice also encompasses general business representation, including in particular joint ventures, private investment and entity and fund formation.
- Represented a UK Bank in the sole and/or lead lender for luxury hotel, residential and senior housing developments in New England and New York.
- Represented a US Bank in numerous acquisition, construction and term financings for hotels and office properties.
- Represented the developer of a luxury residential project within a mixed-use development in Hingham, MA.
- Represents banks and life insurance companies in loan participations, loan sales, assignments of interests.
- Represented numerous banks and borrowers in modifications to and restructurings of distressed loans.
- Formed funds and management companies for domestic and foreign investment sponsors including complex joint ventures for office, hotel and retail acquisitions.
- Represented foreign and domestic technology and industrial companies in acquisitions of businesses and related facilities in the US and Canada.
- Negotiated leases, lease amendments and sale leasebacks for office, industrial, restaurant and retail clients of all sizes.
- Represented numerous private equity investors and emerging company clients from start-up phases through late investment rounds.
Boston Bar Association, Real Estate Finance Association, Member
Sea Education Association, Sponsor