- Sheehan Health Care Group
- Sale of 5 nursing homes and 2 hospice companies
- Frazer Capital & Co.
- Sale of Back Bay portfolio
- Seatrade International Co., Inc.
- Stock sale to American Holdco, Inc.
Posternak's International Trade Group offers a full range of legal services to clients engaged in international commerce. The Group focuses on helping clients maximize the benefits of participating in the global marketplace, while avoiding the pitfalls of international trade. As an added benefit to clients, Posternak is the exclusive member firm for Massachusetts of Mackrell International, a leading worldwide association of independent law firms. Mackrell International members are present in more than 75 countries, states and provinces, covering virtually every business market worldwide. Our firm's membership in Mackrell International provides us with the global reach and access to legal resources that enhance our ability to serve our clients' needs around the world.
Specific areas of experience include:
- Foreign sales and distribution.
- Foreign sales offices.
- International joint ventures.
- Foreign manufacturing and sourcing.
- Intellectual property protection, including trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights.
- US international tax planning, including taxable and tax-free cross-border transactions and business combinations, transfer pricing, and foreign tax credits.
- United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance.
- Anti-boycott Regulations compliance.
- Visa and tax issues related to foreign investors.
- NAFTA trade, travel and visa issues.
- International disputes resolution, including mediation, arbitration and litigation.
- Foreign product certification and registration requirements.
- Via Posternak’s Export Controls Group, United States export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
We have provided a broad range of assistance to clients, such as:
- Assisting foreign companies in setting up branch offices within the United States.
- Representing domestic and international businesses and individuals in a variety of business acquisitions and sales in the technology development, manufacturing and service industries.
- Representing U.S. subsidiaries of multinational foreign companies with respect to transfer pricing issues before the IRS Appeals Office.
- Developing foreign sales and distribution strategies for businesses throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on the European Union and Asia.
- Assisting businesses in establishing foreign manufacturing and sourcing arrangements, with a particular focus on China and India; and Assisting companies and individuals in connection with United States export control laws, as more fully set forth in the Export Controls Group description.