Adam is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Department, specializing in complex business litigation, employment law, and data privacy. He represents companies and individuals in a wide variety of complex disputes, including matters concerning shareholders in closely-held businesses, commercial contracts, non-competition and restrictive covenants, breaches of fiduciary duty, trusts and estates, professional malpractice, and leasing. In his employment practice, Adam helps both employers and employees navigate all kinds of employment-related issues, from negotiating employment contracts and severance benefits, to complying with wage and hour laws, to defending claims of discrimination. Cyber and data security is a growing area of Adam’s practice. He helps clients keep up with the latest regulatory developments and prepare for and respond to data breaches.
Adam has significant experience in all phases of civil litigation, including pre-litigation strategy, written and deposition discovery, motion practice, trial, and appeal. He has represented numerous clients in mediations, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings.
Before joining the firm, Adam served as a law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court where he worked extensively on trials, hearings, and motions in civil sessions, including the Business Litigation Session in Boston. While in law school, Adam was a Note Editor for the Suffolk University Law Review.
- University of Maryland, College Park, BA, 2003
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 2008
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Represented minority shareholders in prosecuting breach of fiduciary duty, freeze-out, and wrongful termination claims, resulting in multi-million dollar jury verdict.
- Represented minority shareholder/chief executive officer in action against majority owner/private equity firm for breach of company operating agreements.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment awards for employers on claims by former employees alleging wage and hour law violations.
- Represented employer in obtaining preliminary injunction to enforce non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure covenants.
- Defended trustees and executors in multi-million dollar action brought against the estate.
- Adam was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer – Rising Star every year from 2013 – 2017.