Dusty is a member and co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department and concentrates his trial practice on the prosecution and defense of business-related disputes. He represents corporations, individuals and partnerships in litigations, arbitrations and negotiations involving contracts, business torts, securities law violations, intellectual property, covenants not to compete and other commercial matters.
He is frequently asked to arbitrate commercial disputes and is available to mediate many types of cases.
Dusty also tries professional liability cases on behalf of attorneys, accountants and other professionals, especially cases in which business transactions are at issue.
- University of Virginia, BA, 1978
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD, Virginia Journal of International Law, Notes Editor, 1983
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts (all courts)
- Numerous, pro hac vice other state and federal courts
- Mackrell International
- Boston Bar Association, Finance Committee, Member
- Boston Bar Association, Council Member
- Boston Bar Association, Ethics Committee, Former Co-chair
- Boston Bar Association, Litigation Section, Former Co-chair
- Boston Bar Association, Business Litigation Committee, Former Co-chair
- Represented nation’s largest distributor of satellite television services in litigation, in California federal court, involving most critical aspects of client’s distributorship agreement.
- Defended client in Florida federal court trial, arising out of client’s decision not to purchase skilled nursing facility.
- Represented biotech firm and senior employee in non-compete and trade secrets case.
- Defended former owners of manufacturing business in multi-million dollar arbitration commenced by buyers of business.
- Defended national governing body of international sport in contract litigation.
- Represented health care company in claim against largest business partner.
- Represented sports agency in claim by former agent for amounts claimed under employment agreement.
- Enforced non-competition agreement against former senior officer of consumer products manufacturer.
- Arbitrated dispute between managers of venture capital fund and financial backers of fund.
- Arbitrated business valuation dispute.
- Defended lawyer against claim that he had mishandled sizeable securities fraud litigation.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2006 – 2017