Sam is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate and Corporate Departments. He specializes in complex business transactions, including in particular real property and business entity acquisitions, dispositions and finance. His clients include domestic and international companies, banks, institutions and individuals.
Sam has extensive experience representing owners, investors and lenders in office, industrial, retail, residential and hospitality projects of all sizes. Sam’s practice also encompasses general business representations, including entity formation and joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private investments and finance.
Recent projects include acquisitions, sales, developments, financings and leases for properties throughout the Americas and M&A and financing transactions in Europe and Asia. Sam, and the firm as a whole, also specializes in inbound foreign investments.
Sam joined the firm in 2014 and continues to believe that Posternak Blankstein & Lund provides the ideal platform for middle market businesses.
- Middlebury College, BA, 1991
- Vermont Law School, JD, 1997
- Boston Bar Association
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Represented a UK Bank in the sole and/or lead lender for luxury hotel, residential and senior housing developments in New England and New York.
- Represented a US Bank in numerous acquisition, construction and term financings for hotels and office properties.
- Represented the developer of a luxury residential project within a mixed-use development in Hingham, MA.
- Represents banks and life insurance companies in loan participations, loan sales, assignments of interests.
- Represented numerous banks and borrowers in modifications to and restructurings of distressed loans.
- Formed funds and management companies for domestic and foreign investment sponsors including complex joint ventures for office, hotel and retail acquisitions.
- Represented foreign and domestic technology and industrial companies in acquisitions of businesses and related facilities in the US and Canada.
- Negotiated leases, lease amendments and sale leasebacks for office, industrial, restaurant and retail clients of all sizes.
- Represented numerous private equity investors and emerging company clients from start-up phases through late investment rounds.