Posternak knows real estate. We maintain a diverse and sophisticated commercial and industrial real estate practice, as well as a complete residential real estate practice. We represent clients in all aspects of real estate matters from property acquisition to disposition, specializing in providing practical advice, as well as legal representation in connection with land use permitting, development, leasing, environmental, financing and management issues. Our clients own and operate, and regularly lease space in office buildings, shopping centers, industrial facilities, condominium complexes, apartment buildings, nursing homes, memory care facilities and hotels.
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT.
In real estate development transactions, our attorneys draft and negotiate purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, construction contracts, management agreements and other associated contracts, prepare zoning studies, coordinate marketing, traffic and environmental studies, review and analyze local and state permits and permitting requirements and negotiate with state and federal agencies and community groups. We have converted a wide range of buildings into condominiums, including combined commercial and residential condominiums. We also review titles and analyze existing leases, as well as provide assistance in structuring acquisition financing, negotiation of financing terms, and analysis of the tax implications of proposed transactions.
REAL ESTATE FINANCING.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of real estate financing, representing both traditional national, regional and local institutional lenders and non-traditional credit providers. We also represent companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals in all aspects of project credit. Our practice ranges from local, single lender, single borrower loans to multi-party, multi-layered, multi-jurisdictional securitized credit arrangements.
A large portion of the firm’s real estate practice focuses on leasing. Clients include landlords, investors, lenders and individual and chain store tenants in leases for all types of projects, including space in regional malls, community shopping centers, stand-alone department stores, factory outlets, office buildings, restaurants, research and development/laboratory, solar arrays and retail stores.
When issues concerning zoning decisions, real estate tax abatements, workouts and foreclosures, easements, access and adverse possession, arise which cannot be handled by negotiations, our real estate litigators expertly represent our clients’ interests in all forums.
- Acquisition of a $15 million 120,000 square feet industrial warehouse complex in Billerica, MA.
- Acquisition financing for a $21 million strip shopping center.
- Acquisition of $16 million shopping center leased to Shaw’s, Staples and other retailers in New Hampshire.
- Acquisition of land for the Herb Chambers Auto Groups.
- Represented retail property owner in $65 million portfolio financing comprising eight premier Back Bay properties.
- Represented Boston-based industrial owner in acquisition of spec-built 350,000 square feet industrial property in Atlanta, GA.
- Represented fund client in the sale of mixed-use properties in Arizona and California.
- Represented local joint venture in $60 million refinancing of a suburban office building.
- Represented local developer in connection with the $65 million sale of Boston multifamily property.
- Represented joint venture in the $35 million acquisition of a twenty-five story office building in Baltimore, MD.
- Represented developer of a 10 Unit luxury condominium project in Winchester, MA
- Represented investor client in $50 million sale of Cambridge apartment complex structured as like kind exchange with three Boston office properties acquired as replacement property at cost exceeding $65 million.